Re: 64-bit kernel patch.

To: Carsten Langgaard <>
Subject: Re: 64-bit kernel patch.
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:40:27 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>,
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Carsten Langgaard wrote:

> I have a number of patches for the o32 syscall wrapper/conversion
> routines, which is needed when running a 64-bit kernel on an o32
> userland.
> Here is the first one. Ralf, could you please apply it, so I can send
> the next one.

 Do you have a fix for sys32_sendmsg/sys32_recvmsg as well?  I just
started working on it and I'd prefer not to do a duplicate work.

 As a side note -- arch/mips64/kernel/linux32.c is a huge collection of
often unrelated functions.  It might be beneficial to split the file
functionally, e.g. into fs32.c, net32.c, etc. or even with a finer grain,
preferably in a subdirectory, e.g. arch/mips64/linux32/.  What do you