some indy question

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: some indy question
From: Attila Szabo <trial@ugyvitelszolgaltato.hu>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:59:35 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

When I try to use the external cdrom on my Indy,
the machine produces scsi errors, like command timeout and
I have to reboot with sysrq.
I tried two harddisks but the same.Under Irix it is
working with the same scsi id-s.
Is there a bug around cdrom,sr_mod or something to know
about the external cdroms under 2.4.17 ?
It is working with external harddisk.
I use 2.4.17, woody.
I tried to compile 2.4.18 but the newport console gets
blue and the output stops, otherwise ok.
I tried to compile linux-2.4.19 from cvs, but
it does'nt boot.
Please tell me what's this cdrom error and
which kernel is known to be completely working ?

thank you

--
-
-