Re: R4600 status?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: R4600 status?
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:40:29 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sat, 2002-09-28 22:30:56 +0200, Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>
wrote in message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0209282228160.30409-100000@alpha.bocc.de>:
> Hi,
>
> i tried to boot the current (unstable) Debian kernel (2.4.18-r4k-ip22) and
> get the infamous hangs on my Indy at various stages, but very early,
> during boot.
>
> ARCH: SGI-IP22
> PROMLIB: ARC firmware Version 1 Revision 10
> CPU: MIPS-R4600 FPU<MIPS-R4600FPC> ICACHE DCACHE
> CPU revision is: 00002010

That's V1.7

> Does this machine suffer from the V1.7 problems, as well? Where can i find
> the current patch?

I've send out some patches some time ago, search for them in list
archives. However, I was told that this CPU is quite broken, and that it
is more-or-less unacceptable to import the changes I send around. When
I'm a bit more experienced with this special MIPS CPU, I'll probably go
and implement it in the way Maciej told... For now, try the old patch,
or fetch a new CPU:-)

MfG, JBG

--
   - Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf für
   - einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger