Re: Format of bootable Indy CDs?

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: Format of bootable Indy CDs?
From: Alex deVries <adevries@linuxcare.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:08:15 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Florian Lohoff wrote:
BTW: I was not able to boot from a cd-rom drive which was not able to read 512 byte blocked. Burning on a 2048 byte blocked burner is no
problem though.

I have a cdrom connected to my Indy which has been configured to 512. I think this hw is good, but will double check when I find an IRIX CD. When I boot, it complains "invalid partition".

I wrote the ISO you posted on an i386 box with cdrecord. I suspect my problem I didn't use set the blocksize to 512; exactly how did you burn this CD?

- Alex

--
Alex deVries
Principal Architect, Linuxcare Canada, Inc.

Linuxcare. Simplifying Server Consolidation.