mips kseg1 mapping..

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: mips kseg1 mapping..
From: "atul srivastava" <atulsrivastava9@rediffmail.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2002 14:46:41 -0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I am relatively new on MIPS architecture.
working on BSP for MIPS R32xx on IDT .

i have a basic question.

1.PCI BAR 1 of my eepro100 card has been initialised with
address 0x18800100 for 64 bytes.
this is a valid PCI IO address as per manual.

2.what i understand is that lower 0 - 512 MB physical is mapped to 0xa000-0000 to 0xb7ff-ffff virtual and also access to this range in uncached.

3.when i am loading my eepro100 driver , in do_eeprom_cmd() when it refers the address( ioaddr + SCBeeprom) my kernel panicks with message "unable to handle kernel paging request at 0xd100010e.

this virtual address is in range 0xa000-0000 to 0xb7ff-ffff.

now my question is what all i have to do so that this access is passed i mean i get a valid virtual-physical mapping for this address.

where i need to take care of kseg1 translation in my BSP
Best Regards,
Ashish

Give your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!