RM5231A: problems in timer using COUNT/COMPARE register.

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: RM5231A: problems in timer using COUNT/COMPARE register.
From: Dinesh Nagpure <dinesh_nagpure@ivivity.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 14:27:55 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

I am in the process of porting Linux to our FPGA platform using RM5231A
processor. The COUNT/COMPARE register timer is acting funny with me. When I
set the compare register value to something like 0x0100_0000 or less I get
timer interrupt as expected but if I set the COMPARE register to a greater
value timer interrupt never happens. I have verified this using our boot
loader also and the results are the same. I am waiting for a reply from PMC
but would also like to know if there is anyone out there who faced similar
problems with RM5231A. From data sheets and user manual I know the count
register is 32 bit but apparently there is some hitch somewhere that I need
to discover.

Dinesh
iVivity