Re: cannot debug multi-threaded programs with gdb/gdbserver

To: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Subject: Re: cannot debug multi-threaded programs with gdb/gdbserver
From: Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:10:47 +0200
Cc: Stuart Hughes <seh@zee2.com>, Linux-MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Steven J. Hill wrote:
> Stuart Hughes wrote:
> >
> >Does anyone know whether there is some special setup needed on
> >gdb/gdbserver to use the multi-threaded gdbserver ??
> >binutils:    Version 2.11.90.0.25
> >
> Don't use H.J. Lu's binutils, use the released one. Use gcc-3.2 and
> binutils-2.13 as they have fixes for the MIPS debugging symbols with
> regards to DWARF.

Is this a general recommendation to avoid H.J. Lu's binutils, or do
you just favor the newer binutils version?
What about binutils 2.13.90.0.4?

I'm currently using gcc-2.95.4 with the Debian patches, and
binutils binutils-2.12.90.0.14, which seem to work well.
I planned to switch to gcc-3.2 but postponed it because I
read about the DWARF debugging problems. Are they solved
with gcc-3.2 / binutils-2.13 / gdb-5.3-CVS ?

Regards,
Johannes