bug with 512MB of RAM?

To: "Linux-MIPS" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: bug with 512MB of RAM?
From: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:35:39 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
A long time ago, there was a bug somewhere that only affected boards
with 512MB of memory with RM7000 processors.  Apparently, there were
problems in the cache-managment code causing a problem working with
memory near the end of kseg0.  I don't recall all the details -- by
the time I got to looking at it the first time, someone already had a
fix.

I was told this was fixed... but I'm seeing some symptoms that this
was not fixed.  Does anyone actually recall if this was fixed or not?
If it was, I need to look elsewhere.  But, if it wasn't actually
fixed....

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107