Re: [patch] userspace mcontext_t doesn't match what kernel returns

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: [patch] userspace mcontext_t doesn't match what kernel returns
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:16:13 -0400
Cc: Ryan Murray <rmurray@debian.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 09:06:01PM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:28:32PM -0700, Ryan Murray wrote:
>
> > The definition of mcontext_t in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/sys/ucontext.h
> > does not match what the kernel copies to userspace (struct sigcontext).
> > alpha, ia64, and hppa have fixed this by typedefing one to the other in
> > sys/ucontext.h  The following patch accomplishes the same thing for mips.
>
> I choose to fix the kernel instead which will keep as closer to the MIPS
> ABI and also prevent having to recompile zillions of user apps.  Below my
> working version of <asm/ucontext.h>.

What are the gregset_t/fpregset_t types in your working tree?  There
aren't any definitions of them in the only copy of the MIPS code that I
have here, and they've had various bad definitions in glibc until
recently.  They also recently changed...

[Although I think your kernel change is the right way to go, here.
Just being cautious.]

--
Daniel Jacobowitz