RE: LOADADDR and low physical addresses?

To: "'Matthew Dharm'" <mdharm@momenco.com>
Subject: RE: LOADADDR and low physical addresses?
From: Manoj Ekbote <Manoj_Ekbote@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:35:25 -0700
Cc: Linux-MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Dharm [mailto:mdharm@momenco.com]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 2:13 PM
To: Jun Sun
Cc: Linux-MIPS

Yes, the having two devices at the same physical address might be a
problem, but one I _might_ be able to work around.  Not only do I have
a large bank of SDRAM, but I also have a small bank of on-chip SRAM.

So I'm thinking that the map will go (starting from 0) like this:
on-chip SRAM, control registers, main memory

And this is where I think the add_memory_region() magic might need to
happen.  Do I need to add the on-chip SRAM and control registers using
add_memory_region()?

--I am pretty sure you don't have to do that.You just need to tell Linux
--where the main memory starts at.

Manoj