Re: PATCH: linux_2_4: add support for the Ocelot-G board

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: linux_2_4: add support for the Ocelot-G board
From: Matthew Dharm <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:40:53 -0700
Cc: Linux-MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hrm... okay... first question, where do I get the 64-bit toolchain?  Right
now, I'm using HJ's toolchain RPMs (from over a year ago -- I should update
those).

Second, what about all those nifty extras?  Things like the fact that
kseg0/1 (well, their 64-bit equivalents) are now larger (how big are they,
anyway) so they can map all of my SDRAM as well as most (all?) of my
I/O space... I guess for that I need to reprogram all my address decoders,
and then that sort of thing must be what the arch/mips64/* stuff is for.
Yes? No?  Or am I smoking something too strong again?

The 64/32 mixed-mode linux is certainly of some interest to our customers,
but full 64-bit is really where the demand is.  Is there anything that a
non-compiler guy can do to help the effort along?

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Work: mdharm@momenco.com
Senior Software Designer, Momentum Computer