Re: PATCH: linux_2_4: add support for the Ocelot-G board

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: PATCH: linux_2_4: add support for the Ocelot-G board
From: Matthew Dharm <>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:38:50 -0700
Cc: Linux-MIPS <>
Oh, I agree that a 64-bit kernel makes sense.  I'm just not sure what is
needed to get from where I am now to where I want to be.

There is _much_ interest from our customers for 64-bit linux.  Especially
if the toolchain catches up so that we can have 64-bit userspace.

Anyone have some quick pointers on how to get from here to there?

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 07:00:38PM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 04:00:51PM -0700, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> > The attached two patches and small tar archive (I can't figure out how
> > to make CVS do the equivalent of a diff -N) add support to the 2.4
> > branch for the Ocelot-G board (RM7000 processor with GT-64240 bridge).
> >
> > I've gone ahead and created an linux/arch/mips/momenco directory, as
> > we've got another board almost ready to add to the repository (the
> > Ocelot-C and -CS), and we've got concrete plans to port to our
> > RM9000x2 board (Jaguar), which has at least a couple of varieties.  I
> > figured getting all this organized under one directory would be wise.
> >
> > Presuming this gets accepted, there are a few more patches in this
> > series... some updates to the MTD probing address for these boards, as
> > well as a new ethernet driver for the GT-64240 on-board ethernet.
> >
> > Ralf, please apply these to the CVS repository.
> As a note - most boards are now selectable for the 32-bit and 64-bit kernel.
> For a board like the Ocelot having a 64-bit kernel certainly makes sense ...
>    Ralf

Matthew Dharm                              Work:
Senior Software Designer, Momentum Computer