Re: Mips cross toolchain

To: Joe George <joeg@clearcore.net>
Subject: Re: Mips cross toolchain
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2002 10:41:40 -0700
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 10:22, Joe George wrote:
> > Where those patches created from the sourceforge tree or you created
> > them independently?  I would hate to see the two ports diverge.
>
> I've been syncing the sf tree.
>
> > I already sent Ralf a patch for the 36bit support.  He told me the patch
> > looks fine but it doesn't seem like he's had time to merge it in.  The
> > code is in sourceforge.net
>
> My initial patches on this came from the sf tree.  Ralf called out the
> endian problem.
> > Again, I've done some work for big endian support and pushed it out in
> > sourceforge.net because I have write access there.  Most drivers work
> > just fine in BE mode.  The exception right now is the epson 1356/1386
> > video controller.  There might be some others but I don't remember.
> > Certainly all the SOC peripherals work fine.
>
> The problems I'm working on are in your tlbex-mips32.S.

I see of the 36 bit patch in oss now, but not the whole thing.  Is Ralf
waiting for you to fix the problems in tlbex-mips32.S?  Are those
problems endian related or something else?  I tested the pcmcia driver
in BE mode, and that driver uses the 36 bit code, so I thought it's
endian safe ...

> > If you're submitting patches in oss, please take the latest work in
> > sourceforge.net first to sync up the two.  First, you might save
> > yourself some work. Second, it will keep the two ports from diverging.
>
> Couldn't of done it without your work, I really appreciate the work
> you have done.

Thanks for syncing up the oss tree!  I was afraid that if you're sending
independent patches some of the sourceforge work would get lost.

Pete