Re: Mips cross toolchain

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: Mips cross toolchain
From: Joe George <joeg@clearcore.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:22:51 -0600
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Where those patches created from the sourceforge tree or you created
them independently?  I would hate to see the two ports diverge.

I've been syncing the sf tree.

I already sent Ralf a patch for the 36bit support.  He told me the patch
looks fine but it doesn't seem like he's had time to merge it in.  The
code is in sourceforge.net

My initial patches on this came from the sf tree.  Ralf called out the
endian problem.
Again, I've done some work for big endian support and pushed it out in
sourceforge.net because I have write access there.  Most drivers work
just fine in BE mode.  The exception right now is the epson 1356/1386
video controller.  There might be some others but I don't remember.
Certainly all the SOC peripherals work fine.

The problems I'm working on are in your tlbex-mips32.S.

If you're submitting patches in oss, please take the latest work in
sourceforge.net first to sync up the two.  First, you might save
yourself some work. Second, it will keep the two ports from diverging.

Couldn't of done it without your work, I really appreciate the work
you have done.

Joe