Re: CONFIG_MIPS_IVR change for arch/mips/config.in

To: Tom Collins <tom@tomlogic.com>
Subject: Re: CONFIG_MIPS_IVR change for arch/mips/config.in
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:51:42 -0700
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Without PCI_AUTO none of the pci devices will be configured properly,
unless the boot code sets them up.  The pmon version you have does that,
I believe, but I'm not sure everyone can count on using the same boot
code.  I think we fixed the problem you describe by skipping the system
controller (IT8172) config and leaving its default map.  The small patch
which affects it8172_pci.c is in the source forge tree but I don't know
if it made it to oss, probably not since the interest in that board is
small in the community itself.  In general, I think the IVR board
support in the sourceforge kernel is more up to date than oss.

Pete