Re: Linux on RM600

To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Subject: Re: Linux on RM600
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:03:41 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> Flo has got EB, you've got EL. I once again think about an archive of
> EPROM, EEPROM and flash contents... That would especially also help
> those broken /240 with MOP-only firmware...

 Well, MOP actually works reasonably and is overall better supported by
DEC hardware (consider non-working ARP).  Then there is a legal problem --
the license doesn't permit redistribution.

 That said, I have snapshots of: KN03-AA V5.1b (TFTP broken), KN03-AA
V5.2b (OK) and KN05 V2.1k (OK), as well as of PMAG-CA V5.3a.  I have
images of the host accessible areas of: PMAF-AA 5.2 (ROM rev. 1.0,
firmware rev. 1.1) and PMAGB-BA V1.1, but they are flashable and the
layout may be incorrect for the respective flashers, especially the former
lacks m68k firmware.