Re: CVS linux

To: Alan Cox <>
Subject: Re: CVS linux
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:22:22 +0200 (MET DST)
On 19 Aug 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> We support ATA devices attached to arbitary busses. The newest ATA code
> supports arbitary mmio/pio addressing mechanisms. You don't need ISA or
> an ISA like bus.

 Hmm, does such hardware already exist?  I don't think it's reasonable to
make some code available to a user in a configuration that will never make
use of it.  E.g. a plain TURBOchannel box (or one with no I/O bus) won't
ever see a native ATA device (SCSI to ATA bridges obviously don't count).
I'll check if the code builds at all.