Re: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:46:41 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:33:40PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> >     arch/mips/boot : Tag: linux_2_4 elf2ecoff.c
> >
> > Log message:
> >     Run through indent.  Convert from K&R C to ANSI.  Further crapectomy.
>
> Only a notice: is by now known what elf2ecoff broke? As an effect, I see
> that modern (TM) elf2ecoffs fail to produce an loadable kernel for my
> indy (which boots fine with ELF, too).
>
> However, it could also be a problem with changes addresses or so
> somewhere else (eg. ./linux/arch/mips/Makefile)...

Could you try older versions of the elf2ecoff utility from CVS to see
if that is making a difference?

  Ralf

PS: Please obey the reply-to header of linux-cvs postings.  This is not
    a discussion list and I plan to configure the list to send anything
    that isn't a CVS notification to /dev/null in the future.