Re: PCI patch of the day

To: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Subject: Re: PCI patch of the day
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:09:38 +0200
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 10:20:39AM +0200, Carsten Langgaard wrote:

> It's apparently not that easy to get the PCI code right, the current
> code won't compile, so here is the patch of the day.

Sigh, yes.  The whole flushing thing was done improperly and the patches
to fix that which I was integrating last night were not right either.  The
big question for me is why nobody was complaining or is suddently everybody
only using coherent machines ...

And all the DAC stuff also wants to be implemented.  We've got a bunch of
cruel hacks for the sake of IP27 and want to get rid of those.  The god
news is that now 32-bit and 64-bit pci.h are identical :-)