Re: [patch] 2.4: Revert interface removal

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: [patch] 2.4: Revert interface removal
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:20:12 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Sorry for simply removing the structure, that was an accident.  The
> question why the use of struct mmu_sglist still hasn't been replaced by
> newer interfaces stays ...

 Because the structure wasn't removed at the 2.3 time?  M68k still keeps
it as well and their sun3x_esp.c driver uses it (I think dec_esp.c was
derived from that one).

 For 2.5, I'll work on adding an appropriate DMA addressing layer for the
TURBOchannel bus and the I/O ASIC and fixing the driver, of course.