Re: GAS 4kc question...

To: "Zajerko-McKee, Nick" <nmckee@telogy.com>
Subject: Re: GAS 4kc question...
From: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:03:54 +0200
Cc: "Linux-Mips (E-mail)" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I guess you mean madd and mul (not mulu).
These instructions are MIPS32 instructions and are most likely not recognized
by your toolchain.
Try use the compiler option "-mips32" to verify it.
So for now I'm afraid you need to hardcode these by hand. We are very close to
release a MIPS32 compiler, so we don't need these hacks in the future.

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com