Re: _stext is ill-defined / SysRq-T broken

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: _stext is ill-defined / SysRq-T broken
From: Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:47:10 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:08:15PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>
> > I suggest the patch below to fix the bad formatting, but I'm
> > not shure about _stext. Should kernel_entry be placed into the .text
> > section, or should _stext = _ftext in ld.script?
>
>  I'll check your patch at run-time later -- I've noticed that the current
> output is less than satisfying.

I just noticed that my patch garbles Oops output,
because I removed the initial "\n" from the printk("Call Trace").

It can be solved by adding a printk("\n") at the very end of show_stack().
I grepped the whole kernel for other uses of show_trace()
and show_stack(), and found nothing that would conflict with it.

Johannes