Re: [uHOWTO] Booting a DECstation via MOP

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: [uHOWTO] Booting a DECstation via MOP
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:41:15 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 2002-07-22 16:27:00 +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
wrote in message <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020722161247.2373H-100000@delta.ds2.pg.gda.pl>:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Instead of apt-get'ing a mopd, go to

> > ftp://ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/mopd/ and download all of the files in

>  Thanks for appreciating my effort.  It's nice too see it's useful for the
> others as well.

Are you still maintaining it? I see that *one* (really useful) mopd gets
more and more important (DECstations, VAXen, ...), but there are so
many of them.

        - One is from you (which is nicely working)
        - One is on linux-vax.sourceforge.net (IIRC)
        - One is 'apt-get install'able
        - One is referenced on decstation.unix-ag.org (IIRC)
        - Mayby others (smells like Lance implementations...)

Some of them seem to be forked off each other, so it would be a nice
thing to unify them again. Anybody interested in having _one_ mopd?
Anybody willing to do the job? I'll have to ask the VAX people also...

Except VAX and DECstations - who does also use MOP for booting?

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
         -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --