Re: Current CVS (2.4.19-rc1) broken on DECstations

To: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Subject: Re: Current CVS (2.4.19-rc1) broken on DECstations
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:30:41 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Karsten Merker wrote:

> Thanks, the LANCE works again with your patch, but I have discovered another
> problem: hwclock does not work (it did wth earlier kernels).
>
> "hwclock --show" results in
>
> hwclock: ioctl() to /dev/rtc to turn on update interrupts failed unexpectedly,
> errno=25: Inappropriate ioctl for device.

 You need updated util-linux.  I've sent a fix to Andries and it's already
present in the current release.  So please just get util-linux 2.11t from
the usual place or grab a patched version of 2.11q from my site (I had no
time to build a newer version, yet).

 The problem is not specific to the DECstation, though.

  Maciej