Re: Current CVS (2.4.19-rc1) broken on DECstations

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Current CVS (2.4.19-rc1) broken on DECstations
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:57:12 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:26:00AM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

>  Thanks for the report.  It's a stupid bug in the KN02BA IRQ routing
> table.  I'm committing the following fix to the CVS.

Thanks, the LANCE works again with your patch, but I have discovered another
problem: hwclock does not work (it did wth earlier kernels).

"hwclock --show" results in

hwclock: ioctl() to /dev/rtc to turn on update interrupts failed unexpectedly,
errno=25: Inappropriate ioctl for device.

The kernel at least finds the RTC:
"rtc: Digital DECstation epoch (2000) detected".

Regards,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>