Re: DECStation: Support for PMAZ-AA TC SCSI card?

To: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <vhouten@kpn.com>
Subject: Re: DECStation: Support for PMAZ-AA TC SCSI card?
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:27:31 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi Karel,

> Sorry, same result. See attached log.

 Thanks for the report.  Apart from missing WB flushing, there is nothing
obviously broken in the PMAZ-A code -- I'll look at the problem more
deeply later.  The driver seems to work to some extent as it was able to
retrieve inquiry data, so it's not broken in principle.

 It would be great if you could check if the driver works for the /200's
onboard PMAZ-A.  If it worked there, I'd suspect a bug in the NCR53C8x
support core.  But please don't put a second PMAZ-A into your /200 -- for
an unclear reason the driver only supports a single I/O ASIC-based HBA and
a single additional PMAZ-A board.  All PMAZ-A boards share operational
variables with one another, so using more than a single one leads to data
corruption.

  Maciej