Re: PATCH

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: PATCH
From: Vivien Chappelier <vivien.chappelier@enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:29:01 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On 16 Jul 2002, Pete Popov wrote:

> > But Vivien Chappelier said it fixed his X server problem in mips64.
> I think the upper 32 bits get zeroed out.  The fact that it fixed Vivien's
> problem confirms this (he was running oss, right?)

Well.. sorry guys, it seems it works with the old version as well
now.. don't know what I messed up..
Anyway, on mips64, pte_t is an unsigned long, which is 64 bit, but
PAGE_MASK in PAGE_CHG_MASK is 1UL << something, so it's 64 bit as
well. Thus I guess there no problem with the old implementation in
fact. (the problem was with me..)

Sorry,
Vivien Chappelier.