fpu woes (TX3912)

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: fpu woes (TX3912)
From: Ryan Martindale <ryan@qsicorp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:04:35 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I'm using the tx3912 processor for an embedded device and since it
doesn't have an fpu, I don't have coprocessor #1.  Recently, I remember
seeing a fix in process.c for exit_thread and flush_thread, and did
apply it - but there still is a problem (at least for me). In traps.c,
the save_fp_context and restore_fp_context are set to _save_fp_context
(in r2300_fpu.S) which don't check to see if I have a coprocessor
available. As I am rather new to the linux/linux-mips development world,
I thought I'd give a heads up (it is causing my embedded system to
crash). Any direction on fixing it would be welcome, but I'm not sure
I'll get to the point where I will submit any patches any time soon.

Ryan Martindale
QSI Corporation