Re: X server blanking out virtual consoles?

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: X server blanking out virtual consoles?
From: Michael Hill <mikehill@hgeng.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 15:38:36 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 10:49, I wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 03:55, Guido Guenther wrote:

> > Known issue that I really have to debug someday. Until then try the
> > patch by Dominik Behr at:
> >  http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/x/x.html#bugs
>
> Works brilliantly for me with one small side effect.

Xserver from CVS using Dominik's patch mostly fixes a Window Maker
colour issue with the server from 4.2.0 (similarly patched) on my 8-bit
Indy.  Virtual consoles are visible, wmaker complains like this:

/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: could not allocate color "rgb:93/0d/29"
/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: could not get color for key
"CClipTitleColor"
/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: using default "#454045" instead
/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: could not allocate color "#454045"
/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: could not get color for key
"CClipTitleColor"
/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: could not allocate color "#73091d"
/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: could not get color for key
"IconTitleBack"
/usr/bin/WindowMaker warning: using default "black" instead

A few of the adornments are indeed black but it's much brighter, and
it's more tolerable than having everything black (Sawfish looks the
same, but it was okay before).  Thanks Guido (and Florian).

Mike