Re: Small correction for fault.c

To: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: Re: Small correction for fault.c
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:16:38 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> I use HEAD. The change from CVS Revision 1.61 to 1.62 was dropping
> the tty.h include. Apparently a 2.5 cleanup.

 Well, the trunk is outdated -- it's 2.5.1, while the rest of the world
uses 2.5.24.  I'm using 2.4 for development, too, and I only syntactically
port changes to the trunk.

 Adding a local declaration is the worst that can happen and
it should not be used if at all possible (sometimes it's not, but the
cases are rare).  What if the interface changes?

 The correct fix is to include the appropriate header either in the header
that depends on it or in the sources that include it.  I prefer the
former, but it may sometimes lead to circular dependencies because of a
few Linux headers being too coarse.