Re: [patch] linux: DBE/IBE handling rewrite

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: [patch] linux: DBE/IBE handling rewrite
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:12:39 -0700
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, Ladislav Michl <ladis@psi.cz>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Jun Sun wrote:

Why do I have a sense we are under a dictatorship rather than a democratic community? :-(

 It's a pity you have such a feeling.  I'm looking forward to seeing a
better replacement from you.  But why didn't you fix the code earlier,
OTOH?

You missed the point - I like to see some open discussions before any big changes to MIPS. If you look back of all the significant changes made to the MIPS tree, you will see a high percentage of them went in without any open discussion or pre-warning. It is this context that brought out :-(. Not your patch per se.

Once in while I hop into other communities. I get a feeling they appear to be doing better than us in this regard. And I like that feeling.

Jun