Re: 2.4.18: pgtable.h compile fix

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: 2.4.18: pgtable.h compile fix
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:54:28 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> >  MIPS64 lags behind a bit due to less interest/testing.  Note that you
> > should use "__ASSEMBLY__" to guard assembly-unsafe parts of headers.
>
> _LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY is the traditional MIPS cpp symbol to indicate assembler
> source code.

 Well, but the rest of the kernel uses "__ASSEMBLY__", that's defined in
the top-level Makefile.  What's the point in being different?

 Also it doesn't seem to work for me -- the rules in specs look broken:

$ mipsel-linux-gcc -E -dM -xassembler-with-cpp /dev/null | grep LANGUAGE
#define __LANGUAGE_C 1
#define _LANGUAGE_C 1
#define LANGUAGE_C 1

thus it cannot be considered reliable.