cross-compiler

To: "'linux-mips@oss.sgi.com'" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: cross-compiler
From: Chien-Lung Wu <cwu@deltartp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:54:00 -0400
Cc: Chien-Lung Wu <cwu@deltartp.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
I try to buils a cross-comipler in my linux box (build=i386-mips) with
host=windowNT, and target=linux-mips. But it is not successful.

I use the following tar-ball as base: (The newest one)
        a. binutils (2.11.2)
        b. gcc 3.1
        c. glibc 2.2.5

As a newbie in linux embedded system, could anyone kindly show me "HOWTO"
build up a cross-compiler in general and specifically for MIPS (IDT
R32334/32332)?

If you know any good stuffs in building cross-compiler and porting Linux to
MIPS, please send me the web-side or pointers. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chien-Lung

Chien-Lung Wu                                 TEL: 919-767-3903
Sr. Software Engineer                        FAX: 919-767-2458
DataCom Lab of Delta Network Inc..    e-mail: cwu@deltartp.com