Re: sys_syscall patch.

To: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Subject: Re: sys_syscall patch.
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:24:50 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 12:06:52PM +0200, Carsten Langgaard wrote:

> At least it makes my system work as well as for the 32-bit kernel.

What programs btw are using syscall()?  To be honest I don't recall one ...

Looking more into it I found a nice showstopper - a few functions like
_sys_sigsuspend() expect a struct pt_regs on the stack.  That's only
working if we call those functions directly from the exception handler.
It won't work if we have another function's stackframe - in this case
sys_syscall()'s there also ...