Re: DECstation

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: DECstation
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:00:46 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sat, 2002-06-22 04:36:57 +0200, Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
wrote in message <20020622043657.B253@excalibur.cologne.de>:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 11:06:19PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Smith, Todd wrote:
> > > I was curious about the DECstation 5000/133 and a graphical console.

> X works in principle, too, i.e. you get graphical output and you can
> use the mouse (with the help of gpm's repeater mode), but the keyboard
> support within X is broken.

Well... Some keys are functional, some are not, and some are better to
never press... I've tried to understand how X handles the keyboard one
evening, but I badly failed to understand all those mappings and layouts
and so on:-(

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
         -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --