Re: DECstation

To: "''linux-mips@oss.sgi.com' '" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: DECstation
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:17:30 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 2002-06-21 23:06:19 +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
wrote in message <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020621225833.2531B-100000@delta.ds2.pg.gda.pl>:
> On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Smith, Todd wrote:
>  You should be able to use X11 with an XF86_FBDev Xserver on a PMAG-B (CX)
> or a PMAGB-B (HX) display adapter (I wasn't able to try myself so far
> though).  For other display adapters, the answer is either "not yet" or
> "no way".

I had X4 with framebuffer running on my DECstation with a PMAGB-B
framebuffer. However, seems there were some threading problems (which
might exist because the lack of ll/sc...).

However, graphic was functional, but I haven't switched on that box for
three months or so. I'm currently moving to an other city (well, quite a
smallish town)...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
         -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --