Re: DECstation

To: "Smith, Todd" <Todd.Smith@camc.org>
Subject: Re: DECstation
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:06:19 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: "''linux-mips@oss.sgi.com' '" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Smith, Todd wrote:

> I was curious about the DECstation 5000/133 and a graphical console.

 The system should be fine -- basically all I/O ASIC based systems should
work, though not all devices have been supplied with drivers yet.

 You should be able to use X11 with an XF86_FBDev Xserver on a PMAG-B (CX)
or a PMAGB-B (HX) display adapter (I wasn't able to try myself so far
though).  For other display adapters, the answer is either "not yet" or
"no way".