Kernel - arch support(mips)

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, redhat-list@redhat.com
Subject: Kernel - arch support(mips)
From: "Domcan Sami" <domca_psg@email.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 06:50:49 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi all,

I am trying to compile a program using a MIPS-LINUX cross compiler(gcc). I've
set up a connection between my i386 Linux machine and a MIPS(RM7000) processor.
This is again connected to a WinNT Terminal where there should be an output
from the MIPS processor.

I have 2 kernels in my Linux machine under the directories:
1) /usr/src/linux - kernel version 2.2.14
2) /root/kernels/linux - kernel version 2.4.14

I am using a boot image generated from the older kernel for booting. The
problem is the older kernel doesn't support MIPS architecture. What should I do
to upgrade my kernel so that it supports MIPS architecture & that I'll be able
to cross-compile my programs properly.

Domcan
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8