Re: New platforms

To: James Simmons <jsimmons@transvirtual.com>
Subject: Re: New platforms
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:16:06 +0200
Cc: Brian Murphy <brian@murphy.dk>, linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:16:10PM -0700, James Simmons wrote:
> > PS: I dont like this split up tree - Currently Ralf is the one
> > feeding mainstream so please stop this diversification of the trees
> > as the normal user gets completely confused which makes linux mips
> > a VERY BAD target and does not help any popularity for the mips targets.
> > We had the linux-vr desaster before which helped nothing but in
> > the end bound developer efforts which were useless in the end.
>
> True. The problem is the slow migration to Linus tree and the slow
> migration into the OSS tree. Here is a suggestion, how about using the BK
> tree at bkbits.net. There is a mips tree there but it has never been used..
> The question is who is the admin of that tree so we can have access ?

Bitkeeper is evil non free software i will hopfully never be required
to use.

If the migration is to slow help Ralf - Ralf is handing out CVS access
to those he trusts developing in the correct direction. I also think
that there are ways to split up feeding back the stuff. Generating
one another tree wont help a lot.

Flo
                        Heisenberg may have been here.