Re: New platforms

To: James Simmons <>
Subject: Re: New platforms
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:42:56 +0200
Cc: Brian Murphy <>, linux-mips <>
On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:16:53PM -0700, James Simmons wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I have a port of linux-mips to the Lasat (later Eicon) platform(s) -
> > based on vr4300, vr5000 and vr4120 chips. I would very much like
> > to have the code incorporated in the CVS at OSS. How do I go
> > about this?
> Please at a look at the Linux MIPS project at sourceforge. We already have
> several VR chipsets supported.

The Eicons are not anything really embedded rather than Cobalt RaQ like.

PS: I dont like this split up tree - Currently Ralf is the one
feeding mainstream so please stop this diversification of the trees
as the normal user gets completely confused which makes linux mips
a VERY BAD target and does not help any popularity for the mips targets.
We had the linux-vr desaster before which helped nothing but in
the end bound developer efforts which were useless in the end.
Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912
                        Heisenberg may have been here.