Re: PCI Graphics/Video Card for Malta Board?

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: PCI Graphics/Video Card for Malta Board?
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:17:48 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>, "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>, Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>, Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On 29 May 2002, Alan Cox wrote:
> Old S3 cards are very easy to configure. 3Dfx Voodoo 2 is great as we

<sarcastic>
I guess that's why we still don't have working frame buffer devices for them?
There are at least 3 frame buffer devices for the Trio floating around the net,
but none of them work on my cards.
</sarcastic>

Of course I'm part of the problem myself, since I never got anything out of the
Vision968 and Trio64V+ in my PPC box. Except by emulating the BIOS code and
using vga16fb...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds