Re: PCI Graphics/Video Card for Malta Board?

To: Alan Cox <>
Subject: Re: PCI Graphics/Video Card for Malta Board?
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:17:48 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: Dan Malek <>, "Kevin D. Kissell" <>, Jun Sun <>, "Steven J. Hill" <>, Linux/MIPS Development <>
On 29 May 2002, Alan Cox wrote:
> Old S3 cards are very easy to configure. 3Dfx Voodoo 2 is great as we

I guess that's why we still don't have working frame buffer devices for them?
There are at least 3 frame buffer devices for the Trio floating around the net,
but none of them work on my cards.

Of course I'm part of the problem myself, since I never got anything out of the
Vision968 and Trio64V+ in my PPC box. Except by emulating the BIOS code and
using vga16fb...

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds