Re: PCI Graphics/Video Card for Malta Board?

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: PCI Graphics/Video Card for Malta Board?
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:19:31 -0400
Cc: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>, "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>, Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

Dan Malek also wrote a driver for MQ200.

I can't really take credit for that :-).  It was a bunch of code
from various places I just turned into a driver.

I *am* asking around - that's why I started this thread.

Look at some of the stuff from Epson.  You may find something there.

So it sounds like the Matrox G450 PCI is really the only
game in town...

It very well may be the only option.  I've been working with
"standard" graphic cards/chips for embedded devices for quite
some time.  The latest technology is always quite secret, seldom
even available under NDA.  Most of the cards I have used come
from the $5 cardboard box in one of the electronic salvage yards in
Silicon Valley.  Something so old they will tell you about the
registers on the board :-)

        -- Dan