Re: Kernel snapshot ?

To: Eric LEBOEUF <eric.leboeuf@free.fr>
Subject: Re: Kernel snapshot ?
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 10:18:55 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:14:18PM +0200, Eric LEBOEUF wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to get my indy to boot linux, but I've got some problem.
> When I do compile my own kernel, it crash with this message:

I guess you compiled HEAD from the oss.sgi.com cvs ? This is something
in the 2.5 area and not "ready to run(tm)" as at least the scsi driver
is broken and is known to oops on boot.

> I did get a 2.4.1 kernel, which works, but do not have good support for
> scsi disks. How can I do to compile my how kernel ?

You need to get the linux_2_4 branch from the cvs - That one should
work.

Flo
PS: When sending in oopses please make shure you parse them through
    ksymoops with the correct System.map.
                        Heisenberg may have been here.