MIPS 64?

To: "Linux-MIPS" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: MIPS 64?
From: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:34:47 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
So... I'm looking at porting Linux to a system with 1.5GiB of RAM.
That kinda blows the 32-bit MIPS port option right out of the water...

What does it take to do a 64-bit port?  The first problem I see is the
boot loader -- do I have to be in 64-bit mode when the kernel starts,
or can I start in 32-bit mode and then transfer to 64-bit mode?

I looked in the arch/mips64/ directory, but I don't see much for
specific boards there, but there are references to the Malta
boards....

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107