Re: Indy SCSI Errors

To: Robert Rusek <rrusek@teknuts.com>
Subject: Re: Indy SCSI Errors
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 17:43:27 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 10:23:18AM -0700, Robert Rusek wrote:
> I am currently running kernel 2.4.17 and am getting sparatice errors
> like the following.  I seen that there had been bugs in the scsi driver
> in the earlier kernel versions.  Has anyone encountered this?  Is there
> a newer kernal that maybe addresses this?
>
> EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory
> #110030: unaligned
>  directory entry - offset=0, inode=6226015, rec_len=95, name_len=95

The SCSI errors we had on the Indy and Indigo2 happened with multiple
disks, disconnects and were pure "read" errors. Filesystem corruption
was quite rare. Mostly we had file data corruption on copy. The bug is
fixed for at least half a year now.

Do you see any other errors than that ? SCSI errors ?

Flo
                        Heisenberg may have been here.