RE: Debugging of embedded target applications

To: "Linux-Mips (E-mail)" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: RE: Debugging of embedded target applications
From: "Siders, Keith" <keith_siders@toshibatv.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 08:05:43 -0500
Cc: "'Daniel Jacobowitz'" <dan@debian.org>, Geoffrey Espin <espin@idiom.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Thanks for the lively discussion and input. It's now clear to me that I'll
be tracking (not tracing) the kernel with the h/w debugger through its kgdb
shell. We're still working on some drivers, so control over the kernel is a
must. I'll have to set up the server to autoload when a connection on a
particular port is attempted from another gdb shell, and shut down on
disconnection.

Keith