Re: indy scsi

To: Szabo Attila <>
Subject: Re: indy scsi
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:49:17 +0200
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 09:55:08AM +0200, Szabo Attila wrote:
> Hi !
> I've put a WD enterprise 4360 Ultra3 scsi disk into my Indy.
> It is the only disk, and I disabled the wide negotiating on the disk.
> But it is too slow.I'm running debian woody and I've tested it
> with hdparm, but the buffered disk reads is just 1.7 MB/sec.
> It is very slow !!
> Is there any way to make it faster ??

Probably no - 1.7MB/s sound not too bad - Remember - That machine
is 10 Years old and was produced at times a i386 was modern which
had 1MB/s memory bandwidth.

SCSI transfers on the indy/I2 are made with DMA so i guess there is
no real speedup to expect.

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912
                        Heisenberg may have been here.