asm type names

To: Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: asm type names
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:21:12 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
        Hi,

include/asm-mips*/unaligned.h uses different terminology for the same sizes,
sometimes even in the same file, making things a bit confusing:
  - double vs. quad
  - word vs. long
  - halfword vs. word

Which set of terms is preferred, so we can increase consistency?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds