Re: reiserfs

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: reiserfs
From: George Gensure <werkt@csh.rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:17:51 -0400
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>, linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:13:06PM -0700, Pete Popov wrote:

Has anyone been able to run reiserfs on big endian systems?

I've seen reports of people running Reiserfs on MIPS but I don't know what
endianess.

Some people run it on PowerPC, which is big endian as far as Linux is
concerned.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds

Jeff Mahoney, probably the lead big-endian reiserfs developer, has run reiserfs on (that I've seen with my own eyes) Sun and Apple (G3 or later). There is no reason his code would not similarly work on big-endian mips machines.

-George