Re: Challenge S crashes configuring the base system

To: Dani Eichhorn <dani.eichhorn@squix.ch>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Challenge S crashes configuring the base system
From: Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:31:42 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 01:10:51PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
[..snip..]
> It doesn't really "crash". The porblem is that the installer doesn't
> correctly detect the serial console and therefore displays everything on
> tty1 not ttyS0. Boot with /bin/bash as init (use "boot init=/bin/bash"
I just doublechecked this on an Indy. The installer detects the serial
console with either console=ttyS0 as kernel command line argument or
"console=d1" as prom var correctly. Can you try another installation and
save /var/log/messages as well as /target/etc/inittab before you reboot
from the installer?
 -- Guido